Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Accenture Report, Digital-Government pathway to delivering public services for the future. A comparative study of digital government performance across 10 countries
- Accenture true / Accenture 2014
- Accenture’s digital government research evaluates the current implementation levels of digital services, the overall service delivery experience and citizens’ satisfaction levels across 10 countries—Brazil, Germany, ...
- Toward knowledge-based economy of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Korea Development Institute 2012
- Korean Knowledge Sharing Program (KSP) has been conducted in cooperation with the government of Saudi Arabia on the issues of Economic Development in priority areas in 2010. The KSP with Saudi Arabia reached its second year in ...
- Renewable Energy Market Analysis: The GCC Region
- R. Ferroukhi / International Renewable Energy Agency 2016
- This analysis from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) suggests some of their highlights of best practices in policy-making, project development and financing that have begun paving the way for more sustainable energy sy...
- Country-specific oil supply shocks and the global economy: a counterfactual analysis
- K. Mohaddes; M.H. Pesaran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- This paper investigates the global macroeconomic consequences of country-specific oil-supply shocks. The paper is both theoretical and empirical. On the theoretical side, it develops a model for the global oil market and integrate thi...
- Income level and environmental quality in the MENA countries: discussing the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis
- H. M'henni; M.E.H. Arouri; A.B. Youssef / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- The relationship between environmental quality and economic growth is puzzling. This paper illustrates that according to the Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) hypothesis, as income increases, emissions increase as well until some thre...
- Climate change policy in the MENA region: prospects, challenges, and the implication of market instruments
- M.H. Babiker; M.A. Fehaid / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Given its harsh climate and fragile ecosystems, the MENA region is vulnerable to the physical impacts of climate change; yet, given its high dependency on hydrocarbon resources, the region is also vulnerable to the impacts of climate ...
- The impact of broadband infrastructure on economic growth in Egypt and some Arab and emerging countries
- M. Badran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Telecommunications networks play a vital role in today’s economies. This study aims at examining the impact of broadband infrastructure on economic growth in in 22 emerging and Arab countries during the period (1998-2008). ...
- Sustainable development and environmental challenges in the MENA region: accounting for the environment in the 21st century
- S.L. Sakmar; M. Wackernagel; A. Galli / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Although many of MENA’s economic challenges have been widely analysed, environmental challenges are rarely taken into consideration in the process of formulating economic policies in the region. This paper addresses the major ga...
- Oil prices and stock markets: what drives what in the Gulf Corporation Council countries?
- M.E.H. Arouri; C. Rault / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- In theory, the value of stock is equal to the discounted sum of expected future cash-flows, yet corporate cash-flows are affected by macroeconomic events that can be influenced by oil price variations. The present article examines the...
- Corporate governance, investor protection, and firm performance in MENA countries
- I. Hasan; N. Kobeissi; L. Song / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- As the MENA region is trying to improve its corporate governance, analysing the impact of certain practices is of great importance. This paper examines the relationship between firm level governance, country level governance and firm ...